P. David Andress
P. David Andress
David joined the Firm in 1991. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate, including the acquisition, sale, leasing and financing of commercial property. He has extensive experience representing borrowers and lenders in secured loan transactions. He also represents landlords and tenants regarding leases of property for retail, office and telecommunications purposes. David represents C Spire Wireless, one of the nation’s largest privately held wireless companies, regarding its telecommunications site leasing, retail leasing and property acquisitions. He also represents the Board of Trustees of the Jackson Public Schools regarding 16th section lease matters. In addition to his real estate practice, David has experience with mergers and acquisitions including transaction negotiation and documentation.
David is a Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys. He is also recognized by Best Lawyers® in America and Chambers USA in the field of Real Estate Law.
- B.S., Vanderbilt University, 1988 Cum Laude (Mortar Board President, Omicron Delta Kappa)
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1991
- Mississippi (1991)
- United States District Courts of Mississippi (1991)
Community & Professional Activities
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association (Executive Committee of Real Property Section, Business Law Section)
- The American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Section – Mortgage Lending and Real Estate Financing Group; Retail Leasing Committee)
- Tri-County Real Estate Attorneys’ Association
- Graduate of the 2000-2001 class of Leadership Jackson
- Magnolia Speech School, Former Member of Board of Directors
- Real estate counsel to C Spire Wireless.
- Represented C Spire Wireless in the deployment of 4G LTE.
- Assisted C Spire Wireless, along with Ken Rogers and Charlie Penick, in its acquisition of Corr Wireless Communications, LLC, a commercial mobile radio service provider with customers in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee.
- Represented lender regarding $11,400,000 loan secured by real and personal property.
- Represented lender regarding $6,700,000 term loan and $3,000,000 line of credit loan secured by real and personal property.
- Represented lender regarding $11,920,000 term loan and $750,000 line of credit loan secured by real and personal property.
- Represented poultry processor regarding a $20,000,000 line of credit loan.
- Represented lender regarding $10,000,000 construction and permanent financing loan.
- Borrower’s counsel regarding a loan from a national life insurance company secured by a large tract of recreational, agricultural and timber land.
- Represented industrial manufacturer regarding the acquisition of a 58 acre tract near Jackson, Mississippi.
- Real estate counsel to Jackson Public Schools regarding the acquisition of over 100 acres of land in Jackson, Mississippi on which the Gladys Noel Bates Elementary School and Thomas W. Cardozo Middle School are located.
- Real estate counsel to the developer in the acquisition, financing and development of commercial property in Columbus, Mississippi.
- Provided legal services in connection with the Hurricane Katrina disaster recovery grant programs.
Speeches & Publications
- ABA Retail Leasing Committee Conference: “Common Areas and Common Area Maintenance”, June 2011
- ABA Retail Leasing Committee Conference:”Nuts and Bolts of Leasing”, October 2011
- Mortgaging the Leasehold Interest – Foreclosure Law in Mississippi Manual, University of Mississippi Center for Continuing Legal Education (1999, 2003 and 2009)
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Martindale Hubbell: “AV Preeminent”
- Best Lawyers in America©: Real Estate Law
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate
- Brunini Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers
- Chambers Lists Brunini Attorneys
- Twenty- seven honored by Best Lawyers® 2017, Four attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Brunini Recognized Among Top Law Firms in Mississippi by Chambers USA
- BRUNINI RECOGNIZED AMONG TOP LAW FIRMS IN MISSISSIPPI BY CHAMBERS USA
- P. David Andress a Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys