Thomas E. Walker, Jr.
Thomas E. Walker, Jr.
Tom joined the firm as a member in 2014. His main areas of emphasis focus on Corporate, Commercial and Regulatory matters. Tom works on such matters for clients in a variety of industries, but he has a particular depth of experience in working with and representing financial institutions on the full range of issues facing the financial services industry. He is a former Executive Vice President and Director of Bank of Forest, a $200 million community bank located in Forest, Mississippi. There, in addition to serving as the Bank’s general counsel, Tom also served as its Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Investments Officer. Before his experience with Bank of Forest, Tom was engaged in private legal practice in Jackson, Mississippi, with a focus on the financial services industry. Brunini represents numerous financial industry clients and the combination of Tom’s significant industry experience coupled with his prior legal experience enhances the firm’s delivery of legal services to its clients.
Tom has been named in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and he currently serves as Chairman of the Attorneys Committee of the Mississippi Bankers Association. Tom has also served as Treasurer and a member of the Executive Council of the Mississippi Young Bankers as well as a member of the Long Range Planning Committee and Banking Committee for the Mississippi Society of CPAs. In addition to being a 2014 graduate of the Graduate School of Banking at LSU, Tom earned a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Accounting from Mississippi State University and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Mississippi in 2004. Tom has been a member of the Mississippi Bar since 2004, and he has been an active Certified Public Accountant in Mississippi since 2001.
- Bachelor of Accountancy, Mississippi State University, 1999
- Master of Professional Accountancy, Mississippi State University, 2000
- J.D., University of Mississippi, 2004
- The Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University, 2014
Community & Professional Activities
- Mississippi Bankers Association- Chairman of the Bank Attorneys Committee
- Mississippi Young Bankers- Former Treasurer and member of the Executive Council
- Mississippi Society of CPAs- Member of Long Range Planning Committee and Banking Committee
- Leadership Greater Jackson Alumni
- Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 under 40, 2011
- Member of the Mississippi Bar since 2004
- Certified Public Accountant, Mississippi (Active since 2001)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America©: Banking and Finance Law; Financial Services Regulation Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law