Practice AreasEasements and Rights of Way
Estate Planning, Trusts & Estates, Probate
Oil, Gas, and Coal Exploration and Production
Ken Harmon has more than 30 years experience in estate planning, estates and trusts, and real property and commercial transactions, and oil and gas title opinion. He joined the Brunini firm in 1999. Ken has assisted clients in the administration of both large and small estates, structuring and closing commercial real estate transactions, and the formation and management of trusts, closely-held corporations, and limited liability companies.
Since 2006 Ken has played an integral role in providing legal and project management services to contractors engaged by the Mississippi Development Authority to administer its Hurricane Katrina recovery programs. This project has involved the processing of over 30,000 grant and loan applications and the disbursement of more than $2 billion. As a key advisor to MDA, Ken’s responsibilities have included reviewing title issues, evaluating applicant eligibility issues, preparation of closing documents, supervision of the closing process, assisting in the development of policies, and developing workflow processes.
Ken is also an adjunct professor at the Mississippi College School of Law where he teaches Wills & Estates and Trusts.
- B.A., Tulane University, 1974 cum laude (Phi Beta Kappa)
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1977 (Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review)
- United States District Courts of Mississippi
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Sixth Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
Community & Professional Activities
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association (member, Sections on Estates and Trusts and Real Property)
- American Bar Association
Speeches & Publications
- Adjunct Professor, Mississippi College School of Law, 1994-present (Wills and Estates and Trusts)
- West Bar Review, 1997 (lecturer on Mississippi law of trusts and future interests, wills and estates, and real property)
- Speaker on “Preparing for a Real Estate Closing” at Real Estate Practice for Paralegals Seminar, Jackson, Mississippi, 1997
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Adjunct Professor of the Year at Mississippi College Law School
- Best Lawyers in America©: Oil and Gas Law