Practice AreasEstate Planning, Trusts & Estates, Probate
Oil, Gas, and Coal Exploration and Production
Utility Easements and Rights of Way
Ken Harmon has more than 40 years experience in real property and commercial transactions, estate planning, estates and trusts, and oil and gas law. He joined the Brunini firm in 1999. Ken has assisted clients in the administration of both large and small estates, structuring and closing commercial real estate transactions, and the formation and management of trusts, closely-held corporations, and limited liability companies.
From 2006 to 2012 Ken played an integral role in providing legal and project management services to contractors engaged by the Mississippi Development Authority to administer its Hurricane Katrina recovery programs. This project involved the processing of over 30,000 grant and loan applications and the disbursement of more than $2 billion. As a key advisor to MDA, Ken’s responsibilities included reviewing title issues, evaluating applicant eligibility issues, preparation of closing documents, supervision of the closing process, assisting in the development of policies, and developing workflow processes.
Ken is also an adjunct professor at the Mississippi College School of Law where he teaches Wills & Estates and Trusts.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1977 (Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review)
- B.A., Tulane University, 1974 cum laude (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Mississippi (1977)
- United States District Courts of Mississippi (1977)
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Sixth Circuits (1977)
- United States Supreme Court (1991)
Community & Professional Activities
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association (member, Sections on Estates and Trusts and Real Property)
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Oil and Gas Lawyers Association (President 2018-2019)
- Mississippi Association of Petroleum Landmen
Speeches & Publications
- Adjunct Professor, Mississippi College School of Law, 1994-present (Wills and Estates and Trusts)
Honors & Awards
- Martindale Hubbell: “AV Preeminent”
- Outstanding Adjunct Professor of the Year at Mississippi College Law School
- Best Lawyers in America©: Oil and Gas Law