The Firm’s exploration and production work constitutes an important component of its energy practice. This work includes representation of major oil companies and independent producers in all phases of the development of oil, natural gas, and coal reserves in Mississippi, including practice before the Mississippi Oil and Gas Board. The Firm’s services include title examination, negotiating leases, contracts and transactions, obtaining permits, and advising on other regulatory requirements. Attorneys practicing in this area also maintain a significant litigation practice in conjunction with the Firm’s trial attorneys. The Firm has handled title, contract, drainage, balancing and gas processing disputes, as well as lawsuits relating to well damage, blow-outs, and NORM, benzene and other oil field contamination issues.
- Co-Chair Triennial Oil and Gas Institute, Mississippi Oil and Gas Lawyers Association (Oil and Gas Update)
- Mississippi Association of Petroleum Landmen (Oil and Gas Update)
- Baton Rouge Association of Petroleum Landmen (Operations in Mississippi)
- Natural Resources Section of Mississippi State Bar (Oil and Gas Lease Expiration on School Lands)
- Intestate Succession in Oil and Gas Producing States (Paper)
- Gulf Coast Landmen’s Institute (Royalty Payments and Marketable Title)
- ABA Year-In-Review (2002,2003,2004,2005)