R. Lane Bobo
R. Lane Bobo
Lane Bobo joined Brunini Law Firm in August, 2016 after graduating from the Mississippi College School of Law.
He has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the area of medical malpractice defense. In 2019, he received the Jackson Young Lawyer’s Outstanding Service Award. He is also a graduate of the Mississippi Bar’s Leadership Forum, 2020.
He is active in Capital Area Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, Jackson Young Lawyers, Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association and the Phoenix Club of Jackson.
Lane’s practice focuses primarily in medical malpractice defense, construction, general commercial and business litigation.
- B.A., University of Mississippi, 2012, cum laude
- J.D., Mississippi College School of Law, 2016, magna cum laude
- Mississippi (2016)
- United States District Courts of Mississippi (2016)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (2016)
- United States Court of Federal Claims (2017)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2019)
Community & Professional Activities
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers, Secretary, Former Athletic Committee Co-Chairman
- Charles Clark Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Phoenix Club of Jackson
- Christ United Methodist Church Member
- Defense Research Institute
- Obtained summary judgement in a premises liability case filed against C Spire in Bolivar County Circuit Court before Judge Albert B. Smith, III.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital in a medical malpractice case relating to certain instrumentation utilized in a posterior disc fusion procedure in Hinds County Circuit Court before Judge Adrienne Wooten.
- During November 2020, John Wade and Lane Bobo obtained summary judgment on behalf of St Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital in a medical malpractice case filed on behalf of a comatose plaintiff arising from a brain injury.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a national flooring distributor in Harrison County Circuit Court before Judge Roger T. Clark.
- During January 2020, John Wade, Claire Ketner and Lane Bobo obtained summary judgment based upon the statute of limitations in a medical malpractice case filed against Select Specialty Hospital in Hinds County Circuit Court before Judge Tomie Green.
- Obtained summary judgment in a premises liability case filed against C Spire in Sunflower County Circuit Court before Judge Carol White-Richard.
Honors & Awards
- Mississippi Bar’s Leadership Forum graduate, 2020
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the area of medical malpractice defense
- 2018-2019 Jackson Young Lawyer’s Outstanding Service Award Recipient
- Brunini Named Best Law Firm in Mississippi for Third Year in a Row
- Brunini Attorneys Recognized in the 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers
- 17 Brunini Attorneys Named to 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Brunini Recognized by Super Lawyers
- 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- The Brunini Firm Welcomes R. Lane Bobo