The Firm’s construction litigation section includes attorneys experienced in prosecuting and defending construction claims on behalf of owners, designers, prime contractors, sureties, subcontractors, and material suppliers. The Firm’s construction practice is diverse and includes litigation, arbitration and mediation of multimillion-dollar claims on highway and bridge projects; airport runways; railroads and railroad tunnels; water treatment plants; other federal and state projects (including Corps of Engineers, NASA, Veterans Administration, etc.); power plants; steel mills; shopping centers; hotels; casinos; condominiums; automobile manufacturing plants; and other large public and private commercial projects. The Firm’s construction attorneys have handled cases before the United States Court of Federal Claims, various federal boards (Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, Corps of Engineers Board of Contract Appeals, VA Board of Contract Appeals, etc.) and other federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels. Attorneys in this section are active members of the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, have authored ABA publications on construction law and have been speakers at programs sponsored by the American Bar Association and by for-profit sponsors. Attorneys in the construction litigation section are also actively involved in Associated Builders and Contractors of Mississippi, Mississippi Associated General Contractors, Mississippi Roadbuilders Association and other professional associations.
- Co-Author: Mississippi Construction Law (1993); Bonds and Liens on Mississippi Construction Projects, Lorman Business Center, Inc. (1994).
- “Rights and Remedies Under Mississippi’s New Public Construction Bond Statute,” 51 Mississippi Law Journal 351, 1980 (author).
- “Mississippi Construction Law,” Professional Education Systems, Inc., 1981 (co-author)
- “Mississippi Construction Law Update,” Mississippi Associated Builders and Contractors, 1984 (co-author and lecturer)
- “Mississippi Construction Law: What Do You Do When…?” National Business Institute, 1987 and 1988 (co-author and lecturer)
- “Payment Rights on Construction Projects in Mississippi,” Professional Educations Systems, 1988 (co-author and lecturer)
- “Bid Bonds,” Handling Fidelity, Surety and Financial Risk Claims, 2nd Ed., John Wiley and Sons, 1990 (author)
- “Mississippi Law,” Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law, John Wiley and Sons, 1992 and all subsequent supplements (author)
- “Bonds and Liens on Mississippi Construction Projects,” Lorman Education Services, 1994 (co-author and lecturer)
- Mississippi Chapter, “Design/Build Project Delivery Systems,” American Bar Association, 1996 (author)
- “The Most Important Questions Asked About Performance Bonds,” American Bar Association, 1997 (co-author)
- Mississippi Chapter, “Performance Bond Manual of the 50 States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Federal Jurisdictions,” American Bar Association, 2006 (author)
- Mississippi Chapter, Payment Bond Manual, Third Edition, American Bar Association, 2006 (author)
- Mississippi Chapter, “Design Build Deskbook” Fourth Edition, American Bar Association, 2010 (author)