Warren Ken Rogers
Economic Development Tax Incentives
Media and Advertising
Mergers and Acquisitions
Software and Website Development
Warren Ken Rogers
Ken joined the Firm in 1998. His practice focuses on commercial transactions, corporate law, banking, bond finance, healthcare and telecommunications. In the area of mergers and acquisitions Ken has been involved in transactions involving telecommunications providers, banks, automobile dealerships, real property, insurance agencies, and a variety of other businesses. His practice involves business planning and the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other business organizations.
Ken has significant experience in the telecommunications industry, having performed extensive corporate, contractual, finance, and regulatory work for long distance telephone companies, cellular telephone companies, competitive local exchange carriers, internet service providers, and others.
Ken’s practice also involves state and federal securities laws. He has advised clients on Securities and Exchange Commission rules and regulations, as well as state Blue Sky regulations. Ken has experience in private securities offerings as well as major market rules and regulations. He has also represented financial institutions in mergers and acquisitions, securities laws, corporate governance and regulatory matters with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve, and the Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance.
Ken is experienced in public and industrial development financing and tax incentives, and has represented a wide range of companies in relation to bond financing and proceedings before the Mississippi Business Finance Company.
Ken is corporate counsel for the third largest poultry processor in the United States and he works in various areas of the business including contracts, corporate law, credit facilities, and other areas of the business.He assisted Sanderson Farms, Inc. with their Credit Facilities in 2017.
Ken’s practice also includes real property transactions, including commercial leasing and purchase and sale transactions.
Ken’s practice also focuses on representing healthcare providers and physicians groups. The practice includes, but is not limited to, contracts, corporate law, employment agreements, finance, transactions, HIPPA, Stark, and other regulatory issues. Before joining the Firm, Ken worked in operations and manufacturing management for Baxter International, one of the world’s largest hospital supply manufacturers.
Other representative clients include Dickerson Petroleum, Specialty Fuel Services, Country Club of Jackson, Gulf South Towers, and Central Surgical Associates.
- B.A., University of Mississippi, 1989 Summa Cum Laude (Phi Kappa Phi, Omicron Delta Kappa, University Scholar)
- M.B.A., University of Alabama, 1991 Summa Cum Laude (AmSouth Fellowship, MBA Association)
- J.D., University of Mississippi, 1998 Cum Laude (James O. Eastland Scholarship, Law Journal – Associate Editor, Robert Khayat Award)
- Mississippi (1998)
- United States District Courts of Mississippi (1998)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (1998)
Community & Professional Activities
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section, Intellectual Property Law Section, Communications Law Section, Health Law Section
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Capital Club – President 2010, Director 1996-2010
- Country Club of Jackson – Attorney
- Represented Telepak Networks, Inc. in its acquisiton of TekLinks in 2018.
- Represented American Holding Company, LLC in its acquisition of the membership interests of 300 Renaissance, LLC owned by 300 Renaissance Investors, LLC.
- Assisted Telepak Networks, Inc., a competitive local exchange carrier, in its acquisition of the assets of ZoomyCo at Lost Rabbit, LLC.
- Assisted Cellular South, Inc., Telepak Networks, Inc., and their affiliates in closing on senior secured credit facility in 2017. Bank of America, N.A. was lead financial institution and Moelis & Company provided investment banking services.
- Assisted Telepak Networks, Inc., a competitive local exchange carrier, in its acquisition of the assets of T.A.T. Cable, a cable television provider in and around Flora, Mississippi.
- Assisted Cellular South in its acquisition of Corr Wireless Communications, LLC, a commercial mobile radio service provider with customers in northern Alabama, northwest Georgia, and southeast Tennessee.
- Involved in one of Mississippi’s largest bank’s expansion through banking and investment company acquisitions in the states of Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas. Most recent acquisition was the acquisition of Republic Bancshares of Texas, Inc. by Trustmark Corporation.
- Represents the country’s largest privately held wireless telecommunications company in matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions to regulatory matters, corporate law, financing, and contract negotiation.
- Represents one of Mississippi’s largest competitive local exchange carriers and has been actively involved in their fiber optic facilities based expansion in Mississippi.
- Represented First National Bank of Wiggins in its merger
- Served as Bond Counsel for Cellular South, Inc. in the Mississippi Business Finance Corporation Taxable Industrial Development Revenue Bonds, Series 2006 (Cellular South, Inc. Project).
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America©: Commercial Transactions / UCC Law; Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- AV Ranked by Martindale-Hubbell
- Marquis Who’s Who