The Firm has a significant mergers and acquisitions practice and has been involved in a number of large merger and acquisition transactions involving Mississippi companies. The Firm has handled mergers and acquisitions for banks, wireless communications providers, television and radio broadcasters, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, retail store chains, restaurant chains, poultry processors, oil and gas producers, timber companies, hospitals, nursing home chains, and automobile and truck dealerships. The Firm is also engaged on a regular basis to serve as Mississippi counsel in multi-state transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acquisition of poultry processing complex located in Arkansas.
- Acquisition of landfill properties.
- Involved in one of Mississippi’s largest bank’s expansion through banking and investment company acquisitions in the states of Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
- Acquisition of sand and gravel business.
- Acquisition of dormant manufacturing facility for conversion to new product line and related tolling manufacturing agreement.
- Negotiation of lease-purchase of client’s commercial printing facilities.
- Negotiation of financing for client’s acquisition of bulk storage facility.
- Negotiation of loan workout and related sale of retirement home business.
- Negotiation of minority investment in retail chain.
- Acquisition and disposition of timber interests.
- Represented a Mississippi-based nursing home provider in connection with its redemption of limited partnership interests and resulting tax free reorganization of the corporate structure and assets.