The Firm’s broad banking practice includes the full range of legal services that financial institutions require in the ever-changing financial services industry. Our attorneys have substantial experience representing financial institutions in merger and acquisition transactions, having represented both buyers and sellers in intrastate and interstate transactions. The Firm’s banking attorneys are often engaged to advise individuals with large ownership interests in financial institutions and bank directors and senior level officers concerning the fiduciary duties associated with their positions. The Firm routinely serves as counsel to financial institutions before state and federal regulatory agencies, including representation in bank regulatory, formation, capitalization, compliance and enforcement matters. Our broad commercial, contract, real estate and lending experience also supports the banking practice.
- Represented BankFirst Financial Services and its parent holding company, BankFirst Capital Corporation, headquartered in Columbus, Mississippi, with the acquisition of Newton County Bank and its parent holding company, Newton County Bancorporation, Inc., in 2015
- Represented First State Bank and its parent holding company, First State Corporation, headquartered in Waynesboro, Mississippi, with the acquisition of Bank of Jones County and its parent holding company, Jones County Bancshares, Inc., in 2014
- Represented The Jefferson Bank formerly headquartered in Fayette, Mississippi, with the relocation of its Charter Office to Greenville, Mississippi, in 2015.
- Assist numerous banking clients on various other matters on an ongoing basis, including: the review of required annual SEC filings; ongoing client consultation on state and federal banking laws, compliance with consumer regulations, and bank performance analysis; negotiating regulatory actions and agreements with state and federal banking regulators and assisting clients in compliance therewith; assisting in the collection or negotiation of settlements related to loans in default, negotiating and closing several large loan transactions, and numerous other regulatory and transactional matters involving both banking clients that arise on a daily basis.
- Involved in one of Mississippi’s largest bank’s expansion through banking, insurance agency and investment company acquisitions in the states of Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
- Recent transactions include the representation of The Jefferson Bank in the FDIC assisted transaction involving the First National Bank, Rosedale, Mississippi in June 2010; the representation of the Board of Directors of Cadence Financial Corporation in corporate governance, fiduciary, enforcement and regulatory matters leading to the acquisition of Cadence Financial Corporation by Community Bancorp LLC in March 2011.
- The representation of Trustmark National Bank in the FDIC assisted transaction involving Heritage Banking Group, Carthage, Mississippi in April 2011.