The Firm’s bankruptcy and creditors’ rights attorneys provide secured and unsecured creditors with a broad range of legal services, including pre-bankruptcy debt collection, loan restructuring and workouts, general bankruptcy practice, and lender liability litigation. The bankruptcy and creditors’ rights practice group consists of attorneys from the commercial and litigation departments in the Firm.
- Summary Judgment in favor of client Lender Processing Services, Inc. in US Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Mississippi. Court found LPS had no involvement in underlying bankruptcy action and thus could not have been involved in alleged fee sharing and unauthorized practice of law. Thorne v. LPS, et al (2011).
- Represented Peco Foods in acquisition through bankruptcy auction of Arkansas poultry processing operations of Townsends, Inc.
- Represented The Peoples Bank, Biloxi, Mississippi, in the Chapter 11 Case of Mississippi Investors IX, LLC, successfully challenging Chapter 11 Plan and obtaining dismissal of Chapter 11 case.
- Represents Madison County, Mississippi, in the Chapter 11 Case of Landstock, LLC, a real estate development company, to preserve County’s interest in Public Improvement District bonds.
- Represents Excel National Bank in Chapter 11 Case of Lakshmi Hospitality of Vicksburg, LLC, a local hotel. Negotiated favorable cash collateral agreement and Chapter 11 Plan terms for full repayment of secured indebtedness.
- Represents Conn-Selmer, Inc., a national manufacturer and distributor of musical instruments, in obtaining relief from automatic stay and repossession of collateral in Chapter 11 Case of Morrison Brothers Music, Inc.
- Represents SolstenXP, Inc., an Anchorage, Alaska based oil and gas industry service company as the “Stalking Horse” bidder for drilling equipment under a creditor proposed competing Chapter 11 Plan in the jointly administered Chapter 11 Cases of O&G Leading, LLC and Performance Drilling, LLC.
- Represents National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative, a Herndon, Virginia based cooperative providing telecommunication and technology support for rural utilities, in the Chapter 11 Case of Maritime Communications/Land Mobile, LLC, an FCC Licensee of cellular spectrum.