The Firm has historically maintained a large energy law practice. In connection with that practice, numerous clients have engaged the Firm to represent them in developing or expanding projects in Mississippi. In the last several years, our attorneys have overseen projects involving over 500 miles of new interstate pipeline construction, 75+ Bcf of new gas storage development and lignite coal mining projects for power generation. Each of these projects typically involve investments substantially in excess of $100 million, but also include smaller projects. In order to handle this multi-disciplinary activity, the Firm has created a work group of attorneys whose practices encompass all areas of project development: economic development tax incentives; legislative work; environmental permitting; securing necessary certificates from the Mississippi Public Service Commission, Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, and the Mississippi Oil & Gas Board; and providing a full range of commercial services, including financing, bond issues, real estate, and contract work.
- The Firm represented Tri-States NGL Pipeline in the right of way acquisition for the replacement of its existing pipeline across south Mississippi and parts of Louisiana. Significant activities included preparation of conveyance documents, negotiation of easement acquisition, and advice on condemnation.
- The Firm represented an operator in establishing gas storage field by solution mining in salt dome, including obtaining regulatory approvals, litigation concerning enforcement of gas storage agreements, and acquisition of necessary property rights.
- The Firm negotiated a pipeline right of way agreement for Tennessee Gas Pipeline for crossing of property of the Enterprise School District.
- The Firm represented operator of gas storage facility in obtaining regulatory relief related to failure of integrity of the facility and resulting loss of stored product. before state regulatory agencies.
- The Firm represented operators in six existing gas storage fields in compliance issues before regulatory agency.